- To magnify and exalt the Lord Jesus Christ
- To encourage all believers to live in obedience to His Word, the Bible, our inspired, infallible, inerrant, all sufficient written authority.
- To help Roman Catholics understand the difference between the teachings of Roman Catholicism and the Bible.
- To expose the deceptive teachings and practices of Roman Catholicism in the light of Scripture.
- To help Roman Catholics understand Biblical Salvation and to receive Jesus Christ as their only mediator and personal savior.
- To bring Roman Catholics into the fellowship of Biblical Christianity
- To discourage conversions to Roman Catholicism
- To provide excellent books, tapes and tracts for use in Roman Catholic evangelism.
As a rule, we must assume that people are lost until some fruit of salvation can be seen (II Cor 5:17). Generally speaking, Roman Catholics are not taught the Biblical plan of salvation. Occasionally you may meet those who have heard the Gospel elsewhere and are saved in spite of their religious system. Then, there are those who appear to love the Lord and are convinced that they are born again, but still trust in the sacraments of their church. Do not be deceived by those Catholics who profess salvation or appear to be spiritual.
ASK if they believe a person must be baptized in order to be saved. A Catholics will say “yes”, a Biblical Christian will say “no” (Eph 2:8-9). One is not saved whose salvation is dependent upon baptism.
ASK if they still pray the rosary (repetitious prayers to Mary and trusting her mediation at the time of death). If they do, they do not understand that Jesus is the ONLY mediator (I Tim 2:5 & Col 1:18). One is not saved who has not trusted Christ as his only mediator.
ASK if they still go to confession, believing their sins are forgiven through the priest. If so, they do not have assurance of Christ’s forgiveness for all their sins (I John 2:1-2). No one is saved unless his forgiveness is through Christ alone.
ASK if they still receive communion and if they believe that the mass is a true sacrifice. If so, they do not understand that the sacrifice of Christ was “once for all” (Heb 7-10). One is not saved who does not believe that Jesus Christ made the full atonement for sin (completed His substitutionary sacrifice).
Christ is the Only Way of Salvation
Mission To Catholics International was established to compliment and serve Fundamental Bible teaching churches in the task of reaching Roman Catholics for Biblical Christianity. We are convinced that Roman Catholicism is the most neglected and, perhaps the most misunderstood and feared, mission field today.